Adolf Wölfli, Amalie-Cleress, 1908
Adolf Wölfli started in 1908 to write down the story of his life using a complex web of texts, drawings, collages and musical compositions. After a few lines, this autobiography becomes an imaginary travelogue which culminates into the founding of the St.Adolf-Giant-Creation.
Wölfli divided his imaginary autobiography into five parts:
1) From the Cradle to the Grave (1908-1912)
2) Geographic and Algebraic Books (1912-1916)
3) Books with Songs and Dances (1917-1922)
4) Album Books with Dances and Marches (1924-1928)
5) Funeral March (1928-1930)